15 Seconds and Eddie Was Done
Dwayne Johnson invited me to Summerstage, but I didn't go. It's a sticky situation. I think that he thinks we're dating and I can't think of what I possibly could have done to make him think that's the case. I like him as a friend, not a boyfriend. I've tried to say that gently, but is there a kind way to say, you're nice but I don't wanna date you?
So, I didn't go out last night, Friday night. No beautiful people. No sexy clothing and high heels. No loud music. No $14 - $19 cocktails. I'm an ESTP on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and I've got the stamina of a horse. But, even horses, at times, need to rest.
For dinner, I picked up a grilled chicken, spinach, and fontina Panini at one of my favorite cafes. For entertainment, I popped a bag of buttery microwave popcorn and rented the movie The Door in the Floor. It's based on the first 1/3 of John Irving's book A Widow for One Year. I received the book as a present ... in Dutch: Weduwe voor een jaar. I struggled through it a bit and eventually bought the English version. I own 5 Dutch books: a children's book, Reuzen reis (Giant's Journey); Harry Mulisch's epic De ontdekking van de hemel (Discovery of Heaven); a collection of traditional Dutch poems; Het Achter Huis (The Diary of Anne Frank); and, of course, Weduwe voor een jaar. (I'm impatient. I only finished the children's book.)
The Door in the Floor is good and the funniest bits are the scene when the teenage Eddie and the middle-aged Mrs. Marion Cole have sex for the first time as well as the scene where the middle-aged Mr. Ted Cole's drawings haunt him by landing right smack in the middle of the windshield.
"Wipers, wipers!" he yells.
Classic.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home