get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

¡Hola mi amiga!

“¡Hola mi amiga!” I yell into Anna Scarlett’s ear via the telephone waves connecting my cell phone in NYC to her cell phone in Texas. “¿Como estas?” Silence. “Anna Scarlett?” “Shit Stolie, I couldn’t even answer you. If that’s the extent of my Spanish,” she laughs, “we’re in trouble.” “That’s okay. If you would have answered me, I don’t think I would have known what to say back. I need to learn Spanish.” “So, are you ready to do this?” “Yeah,” I say, “I’m online now.” “Okay. Give me your credit card number.” “Why?” “Because I wanna put mine on your card, too.” “Oh, you’re funny,” I say as I retrieve my little green card with the Master Card logo on it from my little red Andrea Fangio wallet. “I’ll buy yours if you buy mine.” “But, mine is cheaper.” “Exactly.” A little bit of pointing and clicking here. A little Expedia-vs-Travelocity comparison shopping there. And, voila! In 9 weeks, Anna Scarlett and I are going to Mexico for Día de los Muertos!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger onus1234 said...

I hope you have tons of fun!

Don't do anything I wouldn't do.....

10:50

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Aw, thanks! I'm really looking forward to the trip.

And, about that other thing ... been there, done that, wrote the book about it. ;)

00:02

 

Post a Comment

<< Home