get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Thursday, September 29, 2005

BALLS

I'm not really a sports fan, so I only like to watch sports in public places with many other people around me. Watch a game on television in the privacy of my own home? Nope. Too boring. I prefer the crowd. I want the old grumpy people in the corner to swear at the umpire. I want to see fathers and their sons wear their favorite team members’ jerseys. I want to hear the crowd roar and I want to smell the beer on their breaths. So, I was really excited about going to Continental Airlines' “Pinstripes in the Park” event for the Yankees vs. Orioles game. "What is Pinstripes at the Park?" you might ask. Well, if you’ve ever been to an outdoor film festival, it’s kind of the same concept, except, replace: the film with a live Yankees game, the wine and cheese with beer and hot dogs, and the intelligentsia with hooligans. I had a great time. What's not to love? Jeter and A-Rod were the 1st and 2nd batters up. AND ... Jeter hit a home run at hit very first turn at bat. Everyone stood up and cheered and yelled. I think I was the only one to scream: "Jeter me! Jeter me!!!!" I have a friend who lives in Jeter's building and he sees Jeter all of the time; I should be so lucky.

3 Comments:

Blogger MamaChristy said...

Yeah, ball games are a lot more fun in person, huh? I can't stant baseball on TV, but it's kinda fun to be there with a group of friends (and the random insane fanatic is fun, too).

15:15

 
Blogger Sid said...

Holy crap, I can't imagine what it would cost to live in Jeter's building. But whatever it is, I'm sure the sale of a few extraneous organs on the black market will get me a year's lease on a studio, no?

Jeter.

*drool*

15:20

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

1. My thoughts exactly.

2. Couple? Perhaps 3 or 4, I guess. And, yes, Jeter is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!! :)

Stolie

04:38

 

Post a Comment

<< Home