get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Driving, baby. Driving!

If you travel a lot for your work, you probably rent cars from the major car rental companies like Hertz, Alamo, Budget, Avis and Enterprise. And, if you rent cars quite often, they all start to look a like don’t they? This afternoon, I park and subsequently lose my rental car in a large parking garage in Boston. I can’t remember the make or model of the car. It’s white. That’s all I remember. White car. Somewhat new (2004?). And, the seats were hard to adjust. I activate the hand-held autolock feature on the remote control gizmo they gave me. Maybe I’ll hear the klunck-klick, klunck-klick sound emanate from a car and that’s how I’ll know it’s mine. But, it’s too loud outside. I can’t hear the locks. I use the Pop the Trunk Feature on the remote. Surely, I’ll notice the car with the trunk open. But, I still don’t see it when I walk down several rows of cars. There are so many floors in the parking garage. I worry that I’ve truly lost the car or it’s been stolen, but then I get an idea. I activate the Horn / Car Alarm with the remote. There it is! They should really make these cars look more distinctive or something; all rental cars look exactly the same these days. It is nice to drive again. After years of living in major cities and taking subways, the only cars in which I’m accustom to riding are taxis. I miss driving with the windows rolled down and rocking out to whatever song blasts from the radio. Earlier today, it was Slide by the Goo Goo Dolls. Later on, it was One Love by Bob Marley. I’m overdue for a long road trip. The last one was two years ago. Perhaps, my friends and I will make good on our plans to drive to Canada, either Ontario or Quebec, before the end of the year.

6 Comments:

Blogger Neo said...

Stolie - I take the bus and taxi's to get around in Philly. I can appreciate your situation. Reminds me of that movie "Dude where's my car." Funny.....

:p

18:20

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Welcome to the blog, Neo.

I've never seen Dude Where's My Car.

08:53

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE road trips...always have. Nothing like a stretch of road leading you somewhere new. Don't miss traffic jams though.

09:21

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Agreed.

20:10

 
Blogger spiller said...

thanks for ur comment in my blog stolie ;)

well, i've been renting the cars in Australia quite often, and they have this silly rule that u can't smoke in that car? Unbelievable.. it's not like u can detect it if i did smoke while driving?

Well the hell with the stupid rule, i'd smoke whenever i want hehe!

By the way, i've been trying to add photo to my profile, but not able to, can u provide me some guides? Cheers.

spiller

05:19

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

I'm not a smoker and I'm not sure what the rules are for rental cards here. But, if you drive with the windows rolled down, I imagine that it would be hard to tell whether or not someone smoked in the car, no?

Stolie

PS: By the way, I see that I was too late in providing you help in uploading your photo because you already have one posted. Nice photo!

22:03

 

Post a Comment

<< Home