get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Monday, September 12, 2005

Guilty Pleasures

I don't really watch TV much, but when I do I like to watch really bad reality TV. You name it; I've watched it: The Swan, Extreme Makeover, Extreme Home Makeover, Who Wants to Marry My Dad, Wife Swap, Big Brother, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Road Rules, Cupid, The Apprentice and the list goes on. And, I've been there since the beginning: Real World: New York (circa 1992). I do have limits. I'm not about to watch a bunch of people starve in the jungle because they don't want to be force fed a diet of blended cockroaches on one of these "Survive in the Wild While We Torture You" shows. But, I figure anything else is fair game. So, it should come as no surprise to you that I'm really excited about tomorrow's season premier of The Biggest Loser. It's a great show! The basic premise is that severely obese people must compete against each other in activities composed of healthy dieting and rigorous exercise activities. Built into the program are hidden stashes of donuts and other temptations to pull the contestants off track. In the end, whoever loses the most weight (... hence the "biggest loser" ...) wins the show. It's so bad that it's good. I watched the first season and I got a little teary eyed when a couple of the contestants got kicked off. If you haven't seen it, watch it tomorrow night. You might get just as hooked as I did.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is is with our obsession of watching losers struggle? Maybe it makes us feel better about ourselves. Well, whatever the reason, its quite entertaining.

16:18

 

Post a Comment

<< Home