get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Monday, October 10, 2005

And The Oscar Goes To...The Fish

Sunday morning. After meeting Bro for brunch and bellinis but before meeting Bituin and Stan for shopping in SoHo, I have a couple of hours to kill. I head to the theater to see ... drum roll, please ... Into the Blue. Surprisingly, the movie wasn’t that bad. Scott Caan did a pretty good job. And, Paul Walker ... Well, Paul Walker’s acting abilities ... How can I put this nicely? ... He got out-acted by the waves ... And, not to mention, that school of tropical fish sure did a pretty stellar ensemble performance ... oh, and wait a minute, wait a minute ... the Tiger Shark was completely believable in that Eat-the-Blonde-Bimbo-Coke-Whore scene. But, seriously ... if we put aside the performances by the school of tropical fish, the tiger shark, Scott Caan, and Dwayne Adway -- Paul Walker actually wasn’t that bad. And, let’s face it, I didn’t go to Into the Blue to marvel at Paul Walker’s thespian skills. I went to marvel at Paul Walker’s ass. And, his washboard abs. And, those eyes. And, that smile. That smile alone is worth the $10.50 ticket! In case you were wondering, other movies that might warrant my $10.50 when they open later this year: Jarhead, Breakfast on Pluto, Emmanuel's Gift, Walk the Line, Get Rich or Die Tryin', Rent, First Descent, Brokeback Mountain, Memoirs of a Geisha, Fun With Dick and Jane, and Rumor Has It.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tonito Bandito said...

Yeah, girl. I ain't going to that movie for the acting. It's the Eye Candy for sure.

10:45

 
Blogger Sid said...

*weeping*

Well, at least you had a good time.

*running off to weep some more*

12:59

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

tonito bandito: Exactly! :)

sid: He's not *that* bad! :)

raymond: This one.

pensacolaboy: "I bet you liked that" ??? No, I *loved* that. ;)

06:27

 
Blogger Mitch said...

Ah, Rent... as one of the few Vancouverite Rent Heads, that's a movie I'm seriously looking forward to. And memoirs of a geisha - I had to read the book in University, so I want to see what they do to the movie.

17:04

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

"December 24th, 9PM, Eastern Standard Time. From here on in, I shoot without a script. See if anything comes of it ..."

08:21

 

Post a Comment

<< Home