get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I Flicked

I’m neurotic. When I get excited about something (such as the possibility of going to London), it’s all that I can think about. But, I force myself to focus on other things. Lately, it’s Netflix. I just joined a few weeks ago and I really love it. (Whoever came up with this idea is a Genius!) This is how it works ... Go on their site. Register. Agree to pay them money in the future. Then, take a little test. (They show you images of cover boxes and you tell them how much you like the movie.) From this, they generate a list of movies and films that they think you’ll really love. Click the ones that you want to see and the movie(s) arrive(s) in your mailbox in less than 48 hours. Watch. Return (… they even give you an envelope and pay for the shipping / postage). Automatically receive the next movie on your list. Repeat cycle. It’s great. Here are the seven most recent additions to my list: Touching the Void because I just finished Aron Ralston’s book and I want to watch a film about climbing; Speaking in Strings because the violin is my absolute favorite musical instrument; State of Grace … Sean Penn = Good Actor (and, I really like films about organized crime); sex, lies, and videotape because Soderbergh rocks and you can never see too many James Spader movies; Soccer's Most Violent Fan Fights because I’m training for World Cup 2006; Bringing Out the Dead because Nic Cage is growing on me; and, Secretary because, well, why not?

3 Comments:

Blogger Fresh said...

Netflix is wonderful...they changed the way Blockbuster and all the other money hungry rental companies have had to do business. I love it!

10:54

 
Blogger Tonito Bandito said...

Stolie, you are my number one cyber Diva and don't you forget it!

11:45

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

berry: I know. It's great! I must have been living under a rock for the past few years been I'm really late to the game on this one.

tonito bandito: YAY!!! After I read your post, I started to worry for a minute there ...

19:17

 

Post a Comment

<< Home