
Saturday is another beautiful day in sunny California. I get an early start to the morning so that I can spend plenty of quality time on the beach in
Santa Monica. (Throughout the week, I spent countless hours on the freeway; I need time alone with nature.)
Later, my friend Trout calls me. I absolutely adore Trout. I am supposed to meet him at 6:30pm so that we can make it to a 7:00pm public art / modern performance. Mapquest tells me that the trip will take 22 minutes so I leave the hotel a little after 6:00pm. But, this is Los Angeles. And, Los Angeles has traffic. Lots of traffic. I arrive 53 minutes later and we leave for the show. We’re late, so we miss his friend’s performance. But, we do catch the other performances in the series as well as the slew of short films on the topic of freedom of speech.
We skip the
Burning Man decompression and opt for dinner instead. Dinner. Mexican food. Yummy.
After dinner, we head to a mixed bar with Go-Go dancers. The thin, muscular guy wearing only a pair of
black worker boots, tiny (read:
revealing)
grey shorts and a
red baseball cap is adorable. He’s a great dancer and he looks like fun. He smiles and winks at me the whole night through. I walk over to him and stuff money in his shorts. He shows me all that he’s got, kisses me on the cheek and says, “you are soooo cute, my love!” The night goes on until it ends. I return to my hotel around 3:30am. Considered an “early night” by New York standards, it’s a late night in the City of Angeles.
Today, I'm
vegging out at the hotel. I have a lot of driving ahead of me tomorrow morning.
3 Comments:
Funky Brown Chick.
09:04
Ha! I wouldn't have got it if hadn't spelled it out. I thought it was some inside joke.
15:03
Hmmm ... I've received this question quite often. I might Photoshop the image to include the words "Funky Brown Chick" underneath or something.
20:23
Post a Comment
<< Home