The Morning the Wireless Died
UPDATE: 11:26 PM. It's back. (For now.) We'll see what happens tomorrow. If there isn't a post when you stop by for a visit, you know what's up ... - - - - - -- - - - It’s Wednesday. (The new Time Out New York will arrive in my mailbox this afternoon … YAY!!) I’m about half-way through my morning routine so that places me sitting in my underwear with dripping wet hair, typing out my daily post before putting on a sassy outfit and heading out of the door and off to work. I’ve almost finished typing. My finger is like 2 inches away from clicking the orange “Publish Post” button when, for no apparent reason at all, the wireless connection in my home dies and my laptop can no longer pull a signal. Gone. It’s all gone. No more wireless. This happened once before and the situation magically resolved itself within a couple of hours. I hope it’s resolved by the time that I get home. Or else, how will I access international newspapers? Or, keep up with celebrity gossip? Or follow along with what’s going on in the lives of Jay, Sid, Mitch, Tonito, the fake doctor, Mamachristy and my other favorite bloggers? How will I find out about this weekend’s Halloween events that aren’t listed in Time Out? How will I email my friends? Life without internet ... I shudder at the thought.




7 Comments:
Doesn't the special sub-deity in charge of connectivity know that you were about to publish? The publish button is sacred. It's not supposed to go out then. Right after that, maybe, but not right then.
12:22
Isn't it awful how much we rely on our internet connections these days? I don't know what I did without it. I can't imagine not having wireless access either. You mean, you have to go to another room to see the internet on a computer that is plugged into the wall? How 1999. Good luck and I will be thinking of you!
21:07
raymond: I know. It was like something out of a movie, like someone was just sitting there behind a big screen saying, "oookkkaaaay ... NOW. Quick! Cue the scene where the special sub-diety of connectivity kills her wireless."
mamaC: Thanks! So far, I've got sporadic a connection. I'm on for like 20 minutes and then I get bumped off. I swear somebody's fucking with me.
23:25
Pay no attention to that sub-deity behind the curtain! Man, and I just discovered you and now you're having connectivity issues? Love your take on NYC bad boys...oh yeah.
01:49
Hi Elvira. Welcome to the blog! Fret not about connectivity ... so far, it looks like everything is back up and running ...
06:49
Glad you are back, girlfriend. By the way I enabled the email posts links on the blog so you may pass on the BoyToy post to your friends. mwah~!
10:51
Tonito, I **LOVE** you!
00:58
Post a Comment
<< Home