get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Sunday, October 09, 2005

My Own Methadone

I imagine that heroin addicts and women who are addicted to emotionally unavailable beautiful men are not so different from each other. Heroin addicts are addicted to heroin and they are sent to detox to get better. Women who are addicted to emotionally unavailable men go on Man Diets to get better. The equation is the same: ADDICT - SUBSTANCE + DETOX = REHABBED The upshot of my Man Diet is all of this extra time to focus on Building a Better Me. The major drawbacks, of course, are the occasional bouts of loneliness, the lack fun dates and … well … you know, the fact that I’m not getting any. I’m hornier than two midgets in a porno movie. And, if heroin addicts get methadone when weaning themselves off of the hard stuff, what do the Man Dieters get? New vibrators? That’s just not going to cut it. I need something a little stronger than that. Not methadone, but another nine letter word: FuckBuddy I miss my Fuck Buddies from back home; I’d lived in the same town for years, so I had a boy or two that I could call whenever I needed to take the edge off. I don't have a fuck buddy in New York. What is the substitute for a Fuck Buddy?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something from the toystore?

Transcendental Meditation?

The Gym?

11:06

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how you feel...I always had a nice stash at home too.

12:17

 
Blogger Mitch said...

I've, sadly, never been able to find a decent "friend with benefits" with whom I ever felt I could just go and have "fun" for the sake of having fun... Its not for lack of trying in any case... hope you have more luck! and you're right, me thinks we're on the wrong coasts, but damnit if I don't love the West Coast...

20:18

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

raymond: That's a great idea!!! I've been REALLY slacking about going to the gym. (I only went once last week.) I could get back on schedule; that might help.

ms. b & tonito bandito: I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us! :)

mitch: Really, never? Hmmm ....
(Thanks for wishing me luck.) And, I know what you mean about the west coast. I lived in California for a short amount of time and I LOVED it. I'm actually heading out there for work for 8 days.

07:23

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now this is to get you in shape, not to meet new beefcake.

09:05

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

:)

06:18

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i gotta ask ... is it that you particularly enjoy that position or that was the only icon you could find? curious ...

_

15:38

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

... and, curiousity killed the cat. :)

02:20

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH!

why, you sneaky, little ... !!

_

09:53

 

Post a Comment

<< Home