get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Smells Like Halloween

Ooh, ooh, ooh. It’s Halloween weekend! Halloween is quite possibly my favorite holiday of the year. ( ... Okay, my birthday comes first, but Halloween is a close second. A very close second.) I need to buy a costume. I'm a goofball for waiting until the last minute. The lines will be horrendous and the costumes that are left will be picked over. Inspired by Halle Berry, last year I was Catwoman. The year before that, I was a cheerleader. This year, I had every intention of being a belly dancer. And if I'd bought my costume, say, a month ago, that would have been my reality. But, I didn't buy it a month ago. I procrastinated. Now, the only Belly Dancer Costumes that will be left are the ones that are missing pieces of the costume, are 6-8 sizes too large and look really horrible. And, I say, better to not be a belly dancer at all than to look like a crack-whore, reject belly dancer. What's your Halloween costume, by the way? ( ... Or, if you live in a country where the holiday is not celebrated, what costume would you choose if you were to celebrate?)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going with an Alien Abduction theme. I am one of the alien experimenters. The easier version of that is to go as an alien grim reaper. I just need to go by PartyPig and pick up a scythe.

13:50

 
Blogger MamaChristy said...

If I have to dress up, I usually go as a cat. Not any black cat, my (God rest his soul) black cat, Sprocket.

Perhaps you can go with something more abstract. Envy (all green with great crazy green eye makeup). Autumn (fall colors and fake leaves from the craft store). Anger (all red with great red eye makeup). Hey, it will only require a trip to the drug store for the makeup - unless you need an excuse to buy some new separates...

17:14

 
Blogger Maug said...

One of the more interesting costumes I've seen is dressing all in blue, pinning tampons all over your costume and going as Van Gogh's Blue Period.

19:10

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Final Decision:
Alien Reaper (Bought the fake sickle and cape)
Abductions and Experimentation by Request

23:40

 
Blogger Tonito Bandito said...

I am going as "Identity Crisis". All I need to do is place numerous nametags all over myself with different variations of my name. It works and It is comfortable to PARTY in! Yeah, I am lazy!

00:29

 
Blogger Mitch said...

My favorite costume that I've ever actually dressed up as was a Kissing Booth - now that was a fun night.

Indeed, the Halloween party at Grad School was even held in a haunted castle, so that would be my favorite party.

I've heard of other costumes, including dressing all in black and tieing small farm animals to the fabric. Spin around and you're a tornado. Or, pinning clothes to yourself and going as Static Cling.

Just a few ideas.

02:28

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

raymond: Alien abduction, huh? This outta be interesting.

mamachristy: Sprocket. That's so cute!! ... Hmmmm ... Envy, Autumn, or Anger. I like it. VERY creative!!

maug: Ooohh. I like these ideas. "Dressing all in blue, pinning tampons all over your costume and going as Van Gogh's Blue Period. " Artsy! :)

raymond: Will you post photos on your site?

tonito bandito: Man, you guys are all so creative!!! I usually buy costumes from the costume store, but I'm inspired to be a little more imaginative this year ...

mitch: Okay, the "Kissing Booth" idea is a winner! I love it

23:38

 
Blogger missbhavens said...

This year I will continue my "Heroines of Horror" theme that has governed my Halloweens for the past x-number of years.

Hot on the heels of past costumes of Carrie White, Regan Macneill, Rosemary Woodhouse and Janet Leigh in the shower scene from Psycho (my greatese creation) will be Tippi Hedren ffrom The Birds. I have my blue 60's suit, and my crows and some blood, and I'm on my way!

08:42

 

Post a Comment

<< Home