get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Monday, October 17, 2005

Somebody to Love

Heaven please send to all mankind, understanding and peace of mind. But, if it's not asking too much ... Please send me someone to love. Show all the world how to get along, peace will enter when hate is gone. But, if it's not asking too much ... please send me someone to love. I lay awake night and ponder world troubles. My answer is always the same. That unless men put an end to all of this, hate will put the world in a flame, (oh) what a shame. Just because I'm in misery. I'm not begging for no sympathy. But if it's not asking too much, just send me someone to love. Heaven please send to all mankind, understanding and peace of mind. But if it's not asking too much, please send me someone to love. [Percy Mayfield's blues ballad, covered by Sade]

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stolie! you changed the style of your blog - thank you, i love it. and the comment thingy too.

saw sade in toronto a few years back, that woman does not age.

*rhamalamadingdong* that was my coded "word verification". okay, maybe just the *rhama* part.

_

09:34

 
Blogger missbhavens said...

Oh, I just love that song. It's just so pretty.

09:45

 
Blogger Tonito Bandito said...

stolie, I love me some Sade. That is the best "getting some loving" music to play in the background.

11:14

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Love that song, but didn't know Sade covered it. Must search MSN Music.

15:05

 
Blogger Fresh said...

Too weird...I was just listening to Sade sing that TODAY! Bizarre!

15:41

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When your partner's mind drifts, as the mind often does during sex, and and she starts to pay attention to Sade belting out "It's never as good as the first time" you might get kicked out of bed.

16:17

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

miss anon: Glad you like it! :)

missbhavens: She has such a memorable voice doesn't she?

tonito bandito: Yep ... Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On" and Beyonce's "Naughty Girl" are also good ones for said purposes.

carlos: Oh yeah, she has the smoothest, sexiest voice ever when she sings this one ...

berry: Wow, really?! The traffic is terrible out here so I spend at least 1/2 of my day in the car. Hence, I got my mind on music and music on my mind! :)

raymond: :)

20:42

 

Post a Comment

<< Home