get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Monday, October 03, 2005

To Flick or Not to Flick?

I’m thinking about signing up for Netflix. I usually rent movies the old-fashioned way (i.e. in person), but the online thing just seems cheaper and easier. Besides, I don't even know where the nearest video store is in the new neighborhood. And, speaking of flicks ( … or is that flings?), the Irish Guy called me to say that he's coming in town this weekend. We only talked for about 10 minutes. Early in the conversation, I suggested that when he's in town we just have a quick coffee but, by the end of the conversation ( ... just like during the first call ...) he'd turned into a certifiable 1-Man Freakshow. I should have just said: "Time out. Before, I was sitting on the fence, but now I totally KNOW you're looney. So, I've changed my mind." But, I didn't want to be unnecessarily cruel. I'm sure I'll come up with something kind but direct to say by the time that I place the call this evening.

3 Comments:

Blogger surly girl said...

i think we may need to know what he said this time....and please tell me he doesn't know where you live?

08:26

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, what did he say THIS time?!!? you must tell.

a brick in your purse is made for just such occassions, stolie.

_

11:10

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

surly girl: he definitely doesn't know where I live.

miss anon: it wasn't quite the breathe heavy and yell "I wanna sniff your panties" kind of stuff but it was close.

chatterbox: Oh how funny! The Irish, they're everywhere. :)

aj gentile: Re netflix, I really think I'm going to sign up. EVERYONE seems to love it. Re: paddy, one thumb UP? really?

07:10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home