get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Brutus the Uterus

Quizzes. They’re everywhere. I read a lot of blogs and several bloggers have added these little buggers to their posts. Blogger visits random site, answers a bunch of questions and yada, yada, yada ... The results come pouring in and the blogger posts them on his or her site. “Your blog should be blue,” reads one post and “You Are Miss Priss” reads another one.” My favorite? “Your blog is worth $50,567,219.” Until recently, I’d resisted the temptation to take one of such quizzes. But, the curiosity was killing me. I take a test. After discovering that my blog is worth just under 14 Gs, I immediately begin to wonder how I can cash in on the equity. I need the money, but I don’t want capitalism’s reach to extend to my blog ... or, do I? I move on to the next test. “What, exactly, is my dating persona?” I wonder. So, I head over to OkCupid to take a test to discover the answer to that very question. Question #3: Are you seeing someone? I click, “NO”. That was easy. I answer “YES” to 3 of the 4 following questions ... but probably not the ones that you’d guess: (1) Alone in public, do you usually start conversations with strangers? (2) Do you like to dance? (3) Do you consider yourself smarter than most people? (4) Have you ever cheated on someone? I answer “NO” to 3 of the 4 following questions: (1) Do you believe in the idea of a "one true love"? (2) Do you believe in love at first sight? (3) Is safe, gratifying, anonymous sex appealing? (4) Suppose you've been dating someone for a year, and they're slowly getting fat. Does this romance have long-term potential? Results are in. My dating style? Random Brutal Sex Master (RBSMf). Or, Brutus the Uterus. That seems a little extreme. “You're carefree and relatively easy-going. You don't plan things out ahead of time; you tend to live in the moment.” Sure. Sounds like me. “You are Genghis Khunt: master of man, bringer of pain -- riding your way to conquest after conquest.” Here’s where I disagree. At the moment, if I were forced to pick one of the 16 female categories, I’d probably pick The Playstation. And, if forced to date one of the 16 male categories, I’d probably pick The Bachelor, The Loverboy, or The Gentleman.

9 Comments:

Blogger Sid said...

ROFL, I took that test ages ago and I was the window shopper, a random gentle love dreamer; apparently I'm now The Priss, deliberate brutal love dreamer. Funny what a year in nyc will do to a gal...

11:29

 
Blogger Andrew said...

I'm not especially fond of bloggers who post their quiz results. (It's especially egregious on LiveJournal, I think.)

However, I might have to change my mind after reading your clever (as always) write-up of your experience. Very funny, Stols!

And inquiring minds want to know which of the three questions were "yes" and which three were "no." ;-)

Oh, and hilarious image heading the post. But, then, yours always are.

12:29

 
Blogger Tonito Bandito said...

Where on earth did you find that picture? LMAO!

16:19

 
Blogger Jenn said...

Forgive my ignorance, but what does Brutus the Uterus mean? And how could you have been two different extremes after answering questions in the same test?

18:23

 
Blogger missbhavens said...

Oh, you have to look out for those quizzes. You try not to do them...you actively avoid them...then the next thing you know your spending over an hour finding out that you are the human embodiment of Snoopy, sausage pizza, $4,399, yellow, Lake Michigan, Double Chai-latte and and Carlton "your doorman" all rolled into one.

When will the quizzing end???

;)

18:48

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Sid: That's funny! I'll have to take the test again one year from now and see what happens with it.

Andy: Wow! You always write such incredibly sweet things about me. Thanks. :) ... And, inquiring minds ... Why? What would you have guessed?

Glaciermeow: I figured that much. Well, I figured it was either that or that you were some insanely bizarre person who randomly comments: "I'M THE MAID OF HONOR!!!" on blogs for no reason at all. ;-)

Tonito Bandito: Photo credit goes to OKCupid. Isn't it great?!

Jenn: Oops, I should have given you the link but I'm yoo lazy to go find it right now. Basically BtU and GK are the thing. The results started with ... "You are GK" and then later it said something like "we were going to call you BtU." Two different names for the same thing.

missbhavens: "When will the quizzing end???" I don't know. But they only seem to be increasing, not decreasing, in popularity.

20:20

 
Blogger Andrew said...

And, inquiring minds ... Why? What would you have guessed?

Nah, I shouldn't have pried. :-) I figure you would have told us if you wanted us to know.

But okay, at the risk of offending, I'm going to take a stab at this, based on what (I think) I know about you from reading your blog:

I answer “YES” to 3 of the 4 following questions ... but probably not the ones that you’d guess: (1) Alone in public, do you usually start conversations with strangers? (2) Do you like to dance? (3) Do you consider yourself smarter than most people? (4) Have you ever cheated on someone?

"...but probably not the ones that you'd guess" is what gives me pause, BUT:

1. I think you're social, so you wouldn't hesitate to start convos with strangers, "alone" or not;
2. You're physically fit, so I think you'd find ways to enjoy the use of your body, including dancing.

It comes down to the next two for me. (And, whoo, I'm putting myself on the line here.)

3. I hope you consider yourself smarter than most people, because you're smarter than the majority of people, that's for sure. (But I could say that about all the people who read/commented on this entry. The Stolie Nation are smart folks.) :-)

4. I don't THINK you have cheated on a partner because you commented in my blog that "integrity" is a trait you value in yourself and others.

I'm going to wince and say...3. Just because I think "humility" is a trait you value, too.

I answer “NO” to 3 of the 4 following questions: (1) Do you believe in the idea of a "one true love"? (2) Do you believe in love at first sight? (3) Is safe, gratifying, anonymous sex appealing? (4) Suppose you've been dating someone for a year, and they're slowly getting fat. Does this romance have long-term potential?

Hmmm. I think this one is a little simpler. Despite your misadventures in dating, I think you're still a romantic at heart. If you answer yes to (1), I think you answer yes to (2). I'm going to say you said "no" to (4) because of your belief in physical fitness. You feel that a partner should take care of himself to some extent that you do.

How'd I do? ;-)

22:52

 
Blogger Fresh said...

LOL, thought you were about to start bashing them....I just posted one today! They make great fillers for those uninspired moments in blogdom.

23:12

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

andy: Wow! Good guesses for the first two. Yes, I do indeed speak to strangers and, yes, I love to dance. But, not-so-good guesses on the other two. In the battle between integrity and humility, integrity won. I've never cheated on anyone so question #3 was the 1 of the 4 questions to which I answered no. By the way, good memory. I don't even remember commenting that integrity is a trait that I value in myself and others, but it's true. Actually ... I've got a long story about this. It might be the topic of my post for tomorrow unless something earth shattering happens today to convince me to write about something else.

Berry: I'm not a hater. I wouldn't have bashed them ... too many of you guys have them on your sites and I like to see the kind of tests that pop up here and there.

06:19

 

Post a Comment

<< Home