Friday: Lana, my sexy lesbian friend from Chicago, invites me to see her ex-girlfriend’s play. (It was really good!) On the way there, I get lost and I have to stop and ask for directions. I yell out to the two guys in front of me, “hey, where am I?!?!” They turn around and I’m pleasantly surprised that the guy on the left is a total hottie!! He gives me directions, smiles and then winks at me. I consider flirting back, but I have to make it to the play.
Saturday: My friend Lior is in town to celebrate his birthday. A couple of friends from his old Jewish Day Camp are throwing him a party in the city. He invites me to come. We have a blast! I even learn 2 new Hebrew words, thus upping my Hebrew vocabulary to 3 words. But, unfortunately, by the end of the night, I forget the 2 new words and my total goes back down to one:
L’chaim!
Sunday: I’m having wireless problems at my home, so I pack up the laptop and head over to
Soy Luck Club to enjoy tasty soy treats and free WIFI. While online, I read
Sid’s blog and learn that Lillo Brancato (the little guy in the middle in the picture) was one of the burglars in the recent Bronx cop-killing. I freak out at the irony!!
(In his break-out role, Brancato plays opposite Robert De Niro in A Bronx Tale. The movie is about a father [De Niro] who struggles to keep his son, Calogero [Brancato], away from crime & the underworld. The father repeatedly tells his son that “the saddest thing in life is wasted talent.” Later in the movie, there’s even this scene where Calogero has a make-or-break decision: go with the life of crime or get out. He decides to get out and there’s this voiceover part where you hear the thoughts in his head: “I keep hearing my father’s voice saying, ‘don’t blow it C, be good C, don’t waste your talent C.’” Oh, the irony!!) After, Soy Luck Club, I take an extended walk around the city and then I meet up with Bro. I return home late later that night and pop in the movie
Trick. It’s great; rent it if you haven’t seen it! The movie ends, as does my night. I lay my head on my pillow and the last thought before I drift off to sleep is: “I really don’t like Mondays.”
4 Comments:
I know, it's crazy isn't it? Very sad story indeed ... :(
15:10
That was such a good movie.
I'm sorry for all of the people involed. It is so sad when a life is taken and when a life is wasted.
Glad you had a good weekend.
16:37
Wasn't it great?? I *LOVED* that movie.
I, too, am truly saddened by the chain of events. No matter how this all turns out, lives have been changed (and ended) forever.
05:40
Weird.
BTW- I hate Wi-fi, it's so unstable.
20:32
Post a Comment
<< Home