get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I Am the Vajayjay of Your Mother

I don’t like being unemployed. I’ve worked ever since I became legally able to work. (First job? 15 years old. Papergirl.) I’m not used to having this much free time on my hands, and I don’t even know how to fill it. Of course, my top priority is to find a new job. The bulk of my day goes to job searching, but I can’t spend every waking hour doing that or else I’ll go crazy and/or get really depressed. Because, the sad reality is this: no matter how many hours you spend job searching today, there’s no guarantee that you’ll have a job tomorrow. So, I look for creative ways to fill my time. Grooming. It’s amazing how many “areas” of the body need grooming. And, if one wanted to, one could spend hours plucking, tucking, waxing, exfoliating, washing, moisturizing, pumicing, massaging and the like. And, believe me: I do. Now my entire body is softer than any 3 month-old baby’s ass. But, I’m still bored. So, I move from the body to the mind. Thinking. I have a lot of time for thinking ... How do I feel about living in New York? Should I go home to Chicago for a brief visit with family and friends? What do I want out of my relationships, in general? What do I want out of my relationships with men, in particular? Maybe it’s time for Boy #2 and me to either shit or get off of the toilet. If so, which way do I want to go? Do I want to cool things down or kick things up a bit? Do I need to see a therapist? Can I afford a therapist? My health insurance runs out in 6 days. Why don’t we have universal healthcare in this fucking country?!?! How much longer can I survive emotionally / physically / financially without a job? How long can the mouse’s homey (homeys, plural?) survive in my apartment eating only a diet of delicious, poison-laced peanut butter? More importantly ... Should I Get a Cat? The English translation of my [fictitious] album, Yo Soy La Chocha De Tu Madre, is “I Am the Vagina of Your Mother”. It’s all about rebirth. Maybe My Unemployment is my time to think about my life, my rebirth, in New York City? Hmmm ... I need a fucking job.

4 Comments:

Blogger AWE said...

Go check out the citym, some place you don't see alot of. Get one of those Big Apple Greeters to take you around, I think that would be funny.

11:08

 
Blogger Mitch said...

Hang in there! Job searching sucks, and yes, there's definately way too much time on your hands while unemployed.

We are sharing one thing though, and that's the search for new work. It's frustrating, but I'm pulling in absolutely every contact I've got to try and get a few key jobs... hopefully things will work out, for the both of us.

Cheers... and if you want a random person to vent to, send me a line...

Take care!

11:42

 
Blogger MamaChristy said...

Doll, you'll find something. Have you considered pan-handling? I hear people make a killing at that. But then you might have to put that on your resume - along with your really wonderful education - and people might not take you seriously anymore... Perhaps that isn't a good idea...

Good vibes are all I can do from here, so here they come...

p.s. - How was the girls' weekend?

13:26

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

AWE: That's a GREAT idea. Months ago, I thought of volunteering with Big Apple Greeters, but I figured I didn't know the city well enough. Now that I'm unemployed, I could actually take a tour here and there and get to know the city even better.

Mitch: Thanks for the well wishes. Good luck to you, too, in your search for a new job! I might take you up on your offer and send you an email or two to solicit encouragement. :)

MamaChristy: Pan-handling. That's a good one. I could set up shop in Times Square where the naked cowboy usually sings. I'm sure that I could come up with something creative that would top his act ... By the way, the girl's weekend was great! It was Mags' birthday so we all went out and had a good time.

07:26

 

Post a Comment

<< Home