
Sexy people all over the world, thanks for the good luck wishes for yesterday's job interview!! It went really well, and I think that I might be called in for a 2nd interview.
I needed that success because, lately, I've been feeling a little overwhelmed by Life. I have "pennies" trickling in from the temp job; my rent and monthly bills are due in a week or so; I just received the Official Letter alerting that my health insurance ends March 1, tomorrow; and everyone is telling me that I should expect the NYC job search to take
at least 6 - 8 weeks. When I think about it all at once, I feel paralyzed and afraid. So, I try not to.
It's kind or corny but, when I need inspiration, I sometimes remember
a book that I read a few months ago:
Between a Rock and a Hard Place. Written by rock climber Aron Ralston, the book chronicles the 6 days that he spent stranded and trapped beneath a 500 pound boulder. He eventually had to cut off his own arm to save his life. The only way that he got through it all was by myopically focusing on what was immediately at hand. For example, he didn't have to
survive, he's just had to
make it through the night. And, the next day, he only had to make it through to midday. After midday arrived, he just needed to make it through the hours until the sun went down. And, so on. Quite honestly, I think that's the only way I will make it through Club Unemployed here in New York ... Bit by bit, one day at a time ...
8 Comments:
Is there any unemployment cash from IL that you can tap into?
04:29
Temp work isn't that bad. I did it for four years. And in many, many ways, I'm still doing one.
-sprinkles fairy dust of luck over you-
05:56
Look on the bright side, I bet your apartment is spotless.
09:50
Um, yeah! That's they way to look it it....
16:33
Positive Mental Attitude, sweetie. You can do it.
22:57
i like that philosophy... bit by bit.
03:38
Nothing like a good interview to help that self-confidence! Way to go. Did you like what the job is about?
08:09
Raymond: I laughed out loud when I read your message. :) Spare cash in Illinois? Oh, you're funny ... :)
Jay: Awww!!! Thanks for the fairy dust!! :) Yesterday was my first day at the temp job. It actually went pretty good, and the people are really nice.
AWE: You're right. The apartment is BEAUTIFUL! :)
Berry: Yep. Waving both of my arms at you! :)
Pegs: I love PMA!!!! Something tells me that you used to be a cheerleader too!! ;)
Stacy: Thanks!!!! :)
Little A: I honestly think that's the only way that I'll get through everything.
lala: Good interviews are refreshing aren't they? About the job .... There are things that you can do, things you're good at doing, and things you like to do. I'd say that the job I'm interviewing for falls under: I can do it and I'd be good at doing it, but I'm not sure if I'd actually like do it. I'm great with number, but playing with them on a full-time basis might bore me. We'll see. I'm just taking is day by day. For now, I'm glad the interview went well.
09:05
Post a Comment
<< Home