
Boy #2 called yesterday. I saw him last night. I had already eaten dinner, so we just met up for drinks. (He wanted to hear about my travels.) The date was short, but it went well and it was nice to see him again. We kissed at the end of the night and that's as far as it went. And, that's not what this post is about because before I met up with him, I made the
best homemade Seafood Paella in the world and I swear that it was almost orgasmic. You simply must try this recipe:
COST:
$30 - $45
SERVINGS:
8 ( ... you can cut the recipe in half for a party of 4)
INGREDIENTS:
1 lb bay scallops
¾ lb shrimp
½ lb mussels
1 stick / 8 tablespoons of butter
½ bottle of white wine (I used “Fat Bastard”)
7 tablespoons of freshly ground black pepper
5 tablespoons of seasoning salt
1 tablespoon of oregano flavored olive oil
6 tablespoons of lemon juice
4 tablespoons of magic salmon seasoning
1 pint of mushrooms
4 red onions
3 plum tomatoes
5 bottle shakes of Louisiana hot sauce
5 bags of Carolina Safform Yellow Rice mix (if you’re efficient / lazy in the kitchen; otherwise you could make your yellow rice the old-fashioned way)
DIRECTIONS:
To cook the seafood: add the first set of ingredients together save the seafood. Bring to a boil. Add seafood. Reduce heat. Cover. Simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
To cook the vegetable mixture: add the second set of ingredients and a bit of wine and oil. Cook on high heat for 5 minutes.
To cook the rice: Follow the directions on the bag.
To mix the paella: Add the seafood and the vegetable mixture toone pan.
5 Comments:
paella fooking rocks. But I never dared ading fish, only chicken :P
12:50
That sounds about WONDERUL! I think it would be my turn to beg to hang out with you! Seafood is the way to my heart...
Glad to hear that your lips got some action. Did he say he'd call?
13:58
That sounds way too good.
btw, check your e-mail - I sent you a msg.
Mitch
15:10
Are there leftovers? My flight leaves at 3.
15:25
Papigiulio: Isn't paella delicious?!? :) Here's a question ... if you don't add fish is it still paella or is it just chicken and rice? ;)
MamaChristy: I love seafood, too!! Now that I live on the coast instead of the midwest, the seafood is even better ... About the boy, at the end of the date he said, "I'll call you tomorrow. Actually, no, I'll call you tonight to make sure that you got home and to say goodnight." And, he did. I think we're supposed to go out again this Friday.
Mitch: You have to try it. And, ooooh, you sent me an email? I'll check my account right now. :)
Raymond: TONS of leftovers in the freezer. Call me when you get in town. ;)
07:06
Post a Comment
<< Home