
I have news. But, first, you probably want to know about St. Patrick’s Day, so I’ll start with that ... I see parts of the parade before and after my interview, but I don’t see the whole thing. It’s really long. Seriously. With almost 200,000 marchers, the parade begins at 11:00am and doesn’t end until damn near 6:00pm. So, after the parade, my friends and I grab dinner. When dinner ends, unfortunately, I can’t go out partying as planned because I don’t feel well. I have a slight fever. I want to take it easy; I can hardly afford to get sick sans health insurance. But, enough about that. Here is my news ...
Friday, at the interview, they offer me the job. I tell them that I need time to think about the offer and to look over the information they gave me about compensation and benefits. They grant my request. I am going to take the weekend off to think about everything, but before I go ... I have one more piece of news.
As many of you know, my sister is coming to New York next week. I don’t think that I’ll have time to post while she is here; therefore, I’m handing over the reigns to the Funky Brown Chick to my friends Pegs, Mags, and Bro for a couple of days. Yep. In my absence, starting Monday, these fabulous ladies have kindly agreed to post guest entries. They won’t tell me exactly what they’re going to write about but, after a bit of
torture probing, I now know a couple of the forerunners are: (1) Stolie Has Lost Her Mind, And Trust Us We Have PROOF; (2) Revealed: Here Are The Reasons Why We Think Stolie is Still Single; and (3) Five Secrets You Didn’t Know About Stolie. Monday promises to be an interesting day at the Funky Brown Chick. Stay tuned.
10 Comments:
Hooray that you got the offer - and I'm glad that you wanted to look over the offer, kinda like the adage Marry in haste repent at leisure (I guess that is a little out dated given today's quickie divorces).... anyway... Hip Hip Hooray.
Enjoy the time with your sister! I'm ready for juicy news from the guest posters.
10:41
Oooh looking forward to monday!;D
10:43
PS -- YOu know we wanted that news first!!!
Have a great weekend
10:47
Congratulations! That is really wonderful about the job and I hope that the offer isn't something you have to think too hard about.
I hope you get over the flu soon. Ick. At least you weren't too sick to go to that final interview...
Oh, I also never said congratulations to you on your acceptance to the professional degree program. Let me know when you get around to starting that non-profit...
I'm thrilled that Pegs, Mags and Bro will be guest-posting. Is this your way of showing them how much fun it is to blog and getting them to start their own (well, mags and bro anyway since Pegs already has her own? :)
13:49
I am glad to hear you got the job offer!
17:55
p.s. - Bro, you may not be excited about writing it, but we sure are excited about reading it!
22:00
Blogger is slllloooow at the moment. I tried to respond to these comments (as well as leave comments on others' blogs) but the system would not cooperate with me. Earlier today, I came to the Funky Brown Chick and I received the White Screen of Death (page not found). I worried that my blog had been eaten, but I'm glad to know that it's still here. :) With that ...
et: My thoughts exactly. I want to make a smart decision about this. And, yes, the guest posters are ready. :)
guri: I'm sure you guys will love them. I've known each of these women for years. They're very different from each other, but I think that's what makes us all like each other so much.
et: :)
mamachristy: Thanks!! Yeah, I feel better already. I didn't do ANYTHING on Saturday or today. Rest & recovery ... By the way, I told Bro that I think she should blog, but she always says that she doesn't think she'd ever be able to do it because it takes too much effort to post regularly.
JohnJEnright: Thanks!!! :)
mamachristy: Between you and me, I think she's secretly excited about it, but she just doesn't want to say it. ;)
Alright. That's it. I'm signing off until Wednesday and handing the keys to the kindgom over to my girls. They'll post on Monday and Tuesday, so please be nice to them my sweeties. :)
See you soon!!!!
15:29
Great news about the offer. I hope its something you want.
Have fun with your sister, just hope your feeling better!
13:13
Regularly, Smegularly! With Bloglines it doesn't matter much if you are a daily poster, weekly poster or mothly poster! Bro must just be right then: maybe she just is lazy.
14:33
Mel Chickk: I'm feeling much better now, and I had a great time with my sister. Thanks! :)
MamaChristy: I forwarded your thoughts to Bro. Maybe she'll be inspired to start a blog one day soon.!!
01:23
Post a Comment
<< Home