Five Things You Didn’t Know About Stolie
Hello everyone. Your guest bloggers for the day Bro, Mags and Pegs, are happy to be here. We hope you enjoy! Mags here… #1 Stolie is a “T”. For those of you wondering what that means, it’s a personality measure from the Myers-Briggs test. One of the things it tests is whether you process things by “thinking” or “feeling.” Now, our friend Stolie is on the FAR end of the “T” scale. Let’s just say, grown men have been reduced to tears at the hands of Stolie. In college we nicknamed Stolie and our friend Maria, also a strong “T” Stalin and Mussolini. Stolie herself admits she only has one feeling. However, as a strong, “F” myself, I would like to think all is not lost, as Bro, a fellow “F”, and I have been working hard over the years to help her nurture her one feeling, and our hope is that one day she might even develop two. # 2. Stolie is paranoid. Stolie: I think Hot NYC Cop is stalking me. Mags: Why do you think he’s stalking you? Stolie: Because I saw a cop car on my street. Mags: Did you look in the car? Was he in it? Stolie: I don’t know. I didn’t look in the car. Mags: Do you honestly think he would stalk you in the open? This recent conversation, in reference to Hot NYC Guy, is just one of the many things Stolie has said lately to indicate her growing paranoia. Stolie has also been known to use altered versions of her name with dates, refuse to give her last name, and wait months before men she’s dating are allowed to see where she lives. Pegs here… #3. Stolie is a horticulturist. In fact, she even names her plants, she cares so much about them. Rose is the most famous former roommate of the plant kingdom. Stolie told me once that she milked Rose. I had to laugh at the image of Stolie squeezing each leaf like a cow's udder. No, no, she bathed Rose in milk. She wiped down each leaf with a towel soaked in milk. Now, this wasn't any ordinary plant. Rose sat on a rolling platform maybe three inches high, but she was nearly as tall as my shoulders. I can't imagine anything more than watering a plant, and perhaps quarterly, sticking a fertilizer stick in its soil. Stolie has a real dedication to her immobile friends. #4. Stolie is a math geek. Stolie and I freaked Mags out one night over dinner as we discussed patterns in everyday life that could be tracked and predicted based on mathematical models. Neither Stolie nor I majored in Math or Statistics or Finance or anything of the sort. We're just fascinated by it. How cool is it that the human mind can imagine infinitesimally smaller and smaller regions to explain the integral? Mags buried herself in her pasta. Stolie and I continued with patterns in prime numbers and divisibility rules, almost giddy over the discovery of a like mind. Bro here ... #5. Stolie is sentimental. Boys may come and boys may go, but the one TRUE love of Stolie’s life has to be a small car otherwise known as the Stoliemobile. And the Stoliemobile returned her affection, capably traveling Route 66 (twice!), keeping combustion at bay for miles despite a scary gas leak, and once transporting about eight of us across campus. Sadly, the Stoliemobile began a slow decent into oblivion a few years ago. Practically in tears, Stolie hoped to memorialize her by dumping a bunch of dirt inside her and adding plants, turning her into a permanent planter. Ultimately, keeping the license plates was meaningful enough.




7 Comments:
Loving your first post! Any more planned? Hmmm, I'm trying to reconcile all these new facts to the Stolie that I met in Jan. Lmao, more please!
07:41
First of all, a big THANKS to you lovely ladies for givin' us some love while Stolie is having fun with her sister. You are all lovely and interesting and Stolie is lucky to have you - and you're lucky to have her, too. And don't you forget it.
Mags:
1. What is that one feeling? I'm dying to know since it seems to me like she has many. But if she says herself she only has one, I would like it identified for me so that I can be sure to read her blog with all necessary information.
2. Stolie's not the only one.
Pegs:
3. This is new information! She bathed her plant in milk. Right. That explains a few things! ;)
4. You mean there are people who don't find this interesting?
Bro:
5. Now that's just sweet. Did she have the plate made into one of those little purses or are those so over in NYC?
p.s. - See, Bro? You said you were lazy, but wasn't that fun? Wasn't it easy? Don't you want people leaving you comments, too? We won't leave them here for you forever, you know.
13:36
Of COURSE we knew you were a T.
How much more obvious can you be?
00:24
lol, watch out , don't make everyone love you too much, or they won't want stollie back anymore :P
00:56
Hi, ladies!
Well done first post! Looking forward to additional tidbits...
01:31
To all: Thanks for the comments you guys! I'm a little warm and fuzzy now.
MamaChristy: You're too funny! No, she didn't turn the plates into a purse -- folks weren't doing that at the time. :) But she could do it now! Stolie, what do you say?
Oh, and I'm still lazy! But it IS nice to get comments!
10:29
We are missing photographs of the Stoliemobile.
12:59
Post a Comment
<< Home