
I live in New York City. It costs a lot of money to live here; my monthly rent is $1,350 and I also have
bills to pay. So, after giving the matter a lot of thought … I’ve decided to pimp my blog a little bit. See the glass jar in the right column? (NOTE: If you do not see it, click the “Rants, Raves & Other Fun Stuff” header to return to the main page.) That’s a Tip Jar. Every day approximately 80 – 100 visitors stop by the Funky Brown Chick. Some are repeat visitors. Some are first-time visitors. All are welcome to donate. If you don’t want to donate, don’t. I’ll still love you. For those who would like to donate, this post explains exactly how the straight pimping works ...
If you click the jar, you will be directed to PayPal’s website. Once you’re there, you’ll see my email address,
stolieXOXO@yahoo.com, and a little box. PayPal users can enter a donation amount, sign in, click “Continue”, and then click the “Pay” button. If you don’t have a PayPal account, the site will prompt you to create one for free. Any personal information that you enter such as your name, address, and credit card / bank account information goes to PayPal, not me.
I. Will. Not. Buy. Booze. With. Your. Money. Donations will go towards my goal of reducing my debt-load. In some special cases, if I’m in a bind, I
may use donations to help cover a rent payment, if needed in the future. Hell, if you donate $1,350 (a rent payment) and provide an email address, I will email you... drum roll please ... A NUDE PHOTO! All of my naughty bits will be hidden. No nipples. No chocha. If you don’t judge me for sending you the photo, I won’t judge you for paying my rent. ;)
So, I’ve added the Tip Jar and I’ll post periodic “Pimping Updates” to let you know how it’s working out. Other than that, nothing has changed on my blog. The semi-daily posts and Words of Goofdom will continue. Same Funky Brown Chick. Same Stolie. It’s just a Tip Jar. Pimping. It ain’t easy. But, somebody’s gotta do it. Wish me luck!
3 Comments:
If my harling husband wouldn't be irritated with me, I'd have given you a month's rent. $15 will have to do. Pay down that debt! Pay down that debt! Sing it with me!
13:08
I'm just a lowly undergrad student trying to make ends meet so as much as I'd like to (believe me I would if I could), I think you're richer than I am regardless!
Hope it works out though, goodluck!
13:55
MamaChristy: Thanks, sweetie!! :) By the way, check your email ...
Darwin: I still love you!!! :) As with any tip jar in the real world or on blogs, it's by no means necessary to donate. I, too, was once a lowly undergrad. It was tough; Mr. Ramen Noodle and I became good friends during that time. :) Thanks for the good luck wishes! :)
rcknrobin: I wondered what happened to you. I have your blog added to my Bloglines; I noticed that you hadn't updated in a while. I stopped by a couple of days ago just to check if you were still posting. Glad to see that you're back!!!
Whoever You Are: To the lurker who gave the donation and didn't leave an email address or a comment, THANK YOU!!! :) *mwah*
01:27
Post a Comment
<< Home