
It’s nearly 3:00am, so I apologize in advance if this post comes across as disjointed, filled with typos, and/or just plain nonsensical. Lately, I’ve been hanging out with my friends and doing social stuff to counter each attack of the “blues”; however, I don’t eat, sleep, or work out on my regular schedule. I sometimes skip breakfast and a couple trips to the gym; I also go to bed at unusual hours because my days & nights are extremely packed now. (More on that later.) Stress. It doesn’t do the body much good. Why am I stressed? Well, because I need a job with health insurance and stable fucking income. (I already blog about that
ad nauseam; therefore, I won’t go into it much more at the moment.)
Where was I? Yes, it’s late / very early in the morning on Tuesday. I’m still up. So, I do what I figure the insomniacs do at this hour: clean. I also catch up on email. I have a couple active email accounts, and I haven’t checked either in several days. I check the one that I use for friends and family first. That’s when I see it ... It’s an email from my friend Pegs. I click it open and begin to read. In the first sentence, she apologizes for sending her news via email. My first thought?
Uh-oh ... she’s pregnant! But, I was wrong.
Pegs lost her job on Friday. I haven’t had a chance to talk to her about it because, again, it’s nearly 3:00AM. Call me crazy, but I don’t think “now” is an appropriate time to call. (It’s safe for me to blog about this; she already
went public with her news.) I can’t wait to talk to Pegs to see how she is doing. She’s a strong woman; I’m sure she’s okay. Still, losing a job really fucking sucks. No short cliché can make it suck any less. Having said that, I will add this ... sometimes something that looks like a really bad thing can actually turn into a really good thing and/or a more positive situation. I truly believe that. And, I have faith that things will eventually work out for Pegs — and for me. Man ... life ... It is much harder than it looks in the movies.
10 Comments:
Your days and nights sound like mine - weird hours, skipped breakfasts and some irregular trips to the gym. Unfortunately, it's not because I'm being productive. Just terribly lazy.
08:40
I thought you were going to tell us that you had been to a club.
12:30
I'm still praying that you find something that will make the days and nights more manageable for you. I was shocked to read about Pegs as well. So upsetting.
Thanks for trying to look on the bright side. I'm so glad to know that you can understand that things are going to work out, even if you can't see it yet.
*mwah*
12:43
PREGNANT?!?!
I hadn't even considered that.
So, for us both, it's got to start looking up soon. Really soon.
19:21
I've always tried to believe that if things are shite right now, then they're bound to get better soon. Someday, at some point, eventually, they have to get better dammit!
Easier said than believing though...Guess all I can say is hang in there.
03:09
Jay: You're too funny! :) And, yeah, I'm temping and volunteering my ass off at the moment. The volunteer stuff seems to be shaking out nicely because they've temporarily added me to their payroll. It's only for a very short while; still, it's nice to know that they're happy with my work.
AWE: Oh, sweetie, that was LAST week. :) I went out with a bunch of people and we didn't crawl back home until damn near 4am. I didn't blog that day because I was soooo out of it. Next time, I'll tell you guys all about the debauchery.
MamaChristy: THANK YOU!! :) And, yeah, I couldn't believe it when I heard Pegs' news either.
Pegs: It will. It has to!!! :)
Darwin: Yeah, I believe that, too. It can't get any worse, so it has to get better. Actually, I shouldn't say that because I guess it *could* get worse. I'm actually very fortunate because: I'm not homeless; I have food in the fridge; I have friends and family that love me; and I have enough cash coming in to get by (for now). Plenty of New Yorkers don't have those things ... and plenty of people in the world (the majority, in fact) have even less. So, yeah, I guess things could be worse ...
05:10
I salute your courage, sense of adventure and positive outlook.
05:44
Thanks, sweetie!!! :)
10:55
Just remember, breakfast, even at 3:00am is still the most important meal of the day!!!
Hope things are going well; your "gift" will be going into the mail early next week!
I'm going surfing tomorrow... take care!
G
14:10
That's GREAT that you're going surfing!! :) Have fun.
02:38
Post a Comment
<< Home