
My friend’s little sister works at a Hooters down south. I’ve never been to Hooters and, no, I’m not contemplating getting a job there. So, why talk Hooters? Well, several years ago one of my guy friends came up with a great idea for a new business. He said that Hooters was so successful among men that there had to be a similar idea for women. His idea?
Bananas in Pajamas—a restaurant where sexy men wearing only pajama bottoms serve you. I said that such an idea would never work. But, apparently, I was wrong. While scanning the news sites (BBC, NY Times, IHT, CNN, etc.) this morning as I usually do, I discover
this article on Yahoo. It’s not quite a restaurant and they aren’t wearing pajamas, but you get the point:
Butlers in the Buff. Check it out.
Hmmm ... no new news to report on this end. My agenda for today? Temping in the morning, networking meeting in the late afternoon / early evening, and class tonight. Who knows ... at some point in the day, a miracle or some divine insight might occur and my luck will change. My classes are going great and my social life is going great. Neither activity pays the bills. But, it is worth mentioning, if I get funding [i.e. fellowship, scholarship, grant, etc.] to go to school on a full-time basis, that actually would pay the bills and buy me time to build a stronger newtork in New York. But, barring that, I need a wave of good luck, miracles, hot
BoySnack distractions or
something to come my way soon.
3 Comments:
About 7 years ago, I told someone I wanted to statt a "WoodPeckers" which would be a for-the-girl's spin-off of Hooters. I guess I shoulda done it, dammit!! ;o)
Sounds like you are staying busy enough, but some boysnacks are nice to have...maybe you could rent "The Fast and the Furious" or something! Ha!
And I'm gonna toot my own horn: I'm FIRST! I'm NEVER first!! Woo hooooo!
10:21
Still pulling for you Stolie. At least you are mainaining right now, things will pick up.
13:27
Blogger is strange. I couldn't post a comment on my own blog for 1/2 of the day and for about an hour or so, I couldn't even access it ("page cannot be found). VERY odd. But, whatever ... it seems like things are back up and running now ...
AmyD: WoodPeckers? I love it!! The Butlers in the Buff thing seemed to work pretty well, so you could have had yourself a million dollar business by now with your WoodPeckers idea. :) ... BTW, I'm thinking of adding Fast and the Furious to my Netflix queue. Thanks for the suggestion! I *love* that movie. Althooough ... I'd have to say that 2 Fast, 2 Furious was a bit better than the original.
AWE: Thanks!! :) Everyday, I swear I think, "ok, TODAY, will be my lucky day. Something will change today." So far my little mantra hasn't helped me too much, but I'm keeping my chin up and staying positive. That's what matters. Sheesh! I say that I'm not going to blog about jobsearching / work stuff, but it keeps coming up. This stuff occupies WAAAAAAY too much of my brain space and energy. Tomorrow, I swear, no work job stuff.
00:54
Post a Comment
<< Home