
I don’t really believe in Astrology, per se, but I do read my horoscope every now and then. You know, just for shits and giggles. So, this morning, I log
online to see what today will bring and I read:
“You have plumbed the depths of a difficult situation. You have experienced the most intense aspect of an awkward scenario. You have been through something very challenging and trying. And now, you are going to start reaping some of the benefits. For though it has not been easy to reach a certain decision, you are now in a position to move forward at last. There's clarity where there recently was confusion. Soon there will be progress where there was once just frustration.”
Hmmm ... I wonder if this pertains to my working life or my love life. In either case, I hope the stars are right. Just out of curiosity, what’s
your star sign? Do you think you have personality traits that relate to it? And, what’s your horoscope for today?
16 Comments:
I am completely ambivalent about the whole astro thing. Probably i don't really believe it. i did however purchase several charts and a year's subscription to a popular astro website, so there you go.
i figure it's sort of like a synchronistic Rorscharsch, i guess.
anyway it's a bit like Tarot (which i "get" a lot better for whatever reason) in that i can take the concrete prescriptions/descriptions with a grain of salt and still find the mythic framework useful for understanding my shit.
09:30
Leo - Hold your head high. Walk tall. Be proud. I mean, don't be an aloof, arrogant snob with no sense of humility... but don't be a weedy drip either. And, if you're going to lurch towards one of the two extremes, make it the first one. It's more enjoyable - for you and for those around you too.
I found this online describing a Leo -
Traditional
Leo Traits
Generous and warmhearted
Creative and enthusiastic
Broad-minded and expansive
Faithful and loving
On the dark side....
Pompous and patronizing
Bossy and interfering
Dogmatic and intolerant
Ungh! Yep! That is me. I always have something to say, but if you are my friend I always have your back.
10:23
Taurus - and smack dab in the middle of it, too (May 3). I've had several people tell me I'm a typical Taurus.
Bullheaded (I know what I want)
Jealous (Uh, that WAS a big problem. It was the ugliest side of me and I've worked very hard over the years to move beyond that)
Lazy (Have you SEEN my calendar? I would love to just lie around in my pasture)
The good though: great sense of humor (in spades), an appreciate of the arts (music!), a love of food (Thankfully my metabolism can keep up)
My horoscope is something about worms: Once you open a can of worms, the only way to re-can the buggers is to use a larger can. So says Zymurgy's First Law of Evolving Systems Dynamics. I urge you to keep that in mind during the coming week, Taurus. You or someone close to you may suffer from a blissful mania or temporary insanity that leads them to think that liberating the canned worms is a wise idea. Maybe it will ultimately prove to be the right thing to do, but it could cause a ruckus in the short run. In any case, make it your job to have a barrel-size can on hand for the re-containment.
So, Stolie, after some investigation, I discovered that you are a Capricorn. Supposedly, the sign Taurus are supposed to get along with the best. ...according to Gay Love Signs. :)
12:39
Well, you and I are the same sign, baby, so you know what mine says. Perhaps buying a new heating pad for my back (which I threw out - again - because of too many heavy bags on vacation) was the right move and I will be feeling right as rain here soon...
14:17
Hmmm .... only 4 people have been willing to share their star signs so far? Come on, fess up. What the big secret?! ;)
belledame222: I've had my palm read a few times, but I don't think I've ever done the tarot cards thing. I should try it out sometime just for fun.
AWE: You sound like an interesting person.
Howard: I've heard that Taurus people are more likely to be clinically insane than other people are. But, of course, the woman who told me this had just confessed that her mother was a Taurus. :) ... So Capricorns and Tauruses (Tauri?) get along well? I'm not suprised!! I really think that you and I would get along famously if we ever met ... just as long as you realized that ***I*** get to be the fabulous one in the relationship!!!! Have you seen the play RENT? Maureen is my idol. :)
MamaChristy: YAY!!! We're the same sign. THAT must be why I like you so much. :) ... By the way, sorry to hear about your back. :(
17:05
Hey, give me some time! I'm on the west coast and don't get online as early as I like, some days.
I'm a Leo. I guess I'll steal awe's horoscope because I don't subscribe or particularly believe in them and each one I read is different. Although I enjoy reading them for kicks - some of them cause me to laugh about them for days.
I wouldn't say that I'm completely how I have been described, but I definitely have many of those traits (both good and bad). I've never found them to be that accurate though, so don't go thinking that that's how I am, and only how I am. ;) There are many sides to me. I guess this applies to most people.
17:59
oh yeah, I'm a Leo too.
(Libra rising, Taurus moon--ha! told you i was ambivalent...)
18:17
Taurus here! Ever heard the saying 'Bull in a china shop'?
Yup
Although Howard has brought to light most of our bad characteristics - he's forgotten a few of the better ones:
- loyal
- down-to-earth (Like Caps which is why we get along..)
- 'faithful and generous friends'
- sensitive
- sensual
Can't really comment on the clinical insanity - would like to say you're wrong, but sadly could probably see how that might be true.....
20:45
kypris: So, you're the same sign as AWE? Sounds like fun.
belledame222: I don't know what my "moon" & "rising" are. :(
The Chrysalis Stage: Balance is good. :)
lala: 'Bull in a china shop'??? :)
20:13
su horoscopo es mi horoscopo.
23:34
:)
22:04
Officially: Taurus
If I could choose: Something by A.C. Escher
04:01
WOOPS!!!
That's M.C. Escher
It's 3am here
04:06
No problem. But, for a moment, I wondered, "Does he mean A.C. Slater?!?!?" :)
07:54
Aries - horoscope for Tuesday:
Full Moons are like celestial spotlights. They shine down from on high and, depending on the 'house of our chart' in which they fall, they put us on the spot. They make us feel exposed. On show. Vulnerable, if we have something to hide. Excited, if we have something to parade proudly. They cause us to see the things that we could not previously see. They help others to see too. Don't be shy and don't be afraid. The Full Moon in your tenth solar house insists you are about to come into your power.
Some what on target -- I investigated many of the links--- provided some useful information. I like how he says these things are cut in stone, but show why (possibly why) we make the choices we do.
Thanks again for the entertaining link.
I'm late replying because I STILL have solved all my connection issues (I'm done BCW-ing about it)
23:23
Hmmmm ... interesting.
One of my exes (blondie) is an Aries.
07:28
Post a Comment
<< Home