
Late breaking news. Okay, we interrupt this blog to bring you a story from ONE MONTH AGO. Why didn’t anyone tell me about this?!?! As you may know, I am somewhat addicted to the news, and I generally like to think of myself as someone who has somewhat of a clue about what’s going on in the world around her. Race riots planned for Survivor. Check. Tom Cruise gets fired from Paramount. Check. Stuff going down in Lebanon. Check. The freak in Thailand confesses to killing JonBenet and is brought back to the US to be charged with the crime. Check. President Bush asks Peter Wallsten, a legally blind reporter from the LA Times, why he wears sunglasses. Wait, a minute ... what?!?!? Partial transcript from a
press conference at the White House last month follows:
BUSH: Peter. Are you going to ask that question with shades on?
WALLSTEN: I can take them off.
BUSH: I’m interested in the shade look, seriously.
WALLSTEN: All right, I’ll keep it, then.
BUSH: For the viewers, there’s no sun.
WALLSTEN: I guess it depends on your perspective.
BUSH: Touché.
<< Home