get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Should Men Wear Thongs?

It’s a weekday evening and I’m on the phone with Anna-Scarlet. She tells me about a radio show that she listened to earlier in the day, the Kid Craddick morning show. “They were talking about men who wear thongs,” she says then pauses. “Stolie ... all I kept thinking about was The Face*.” Ooooh, a blast from the past. The Face. I remember him. He was unbelievably gorgeous and he looked like a caramel-dipped Ken Doll. We dated years ago. Dated. Hmmm, now that I think about it, I don’t even know if you’d call it “dating”. He was already “dating” a woman that I absolutely abhorred. She was habitually rude to me for absolutely no reason at all. And, that really pissed me off. So, I fucked her boyfriend, The Face, a couple of times because he was gorgeous** and because I didn’t give two shits about how it would make her feel. This is not behavior that I would condone and/or engage in at present. That was a long time ago. I was younger. I was a different person. But, back to the matter at hand ... The Face wore a hot pink thong and shaved his pubic hair bald. Because I’d never dated anyone who’d worn a thong and/or shaved, I thought it was all a little bit odd. But, over the years, I’ve come across women and men who have said that it’s perfectly fine for a man to wear a thong. Actually, a lot of strippers wear thongs and many people think guys in thongs are sexy. (I, however, am not one of those people.) Hmmm, what do you think? A man in a thong—“yummy, give me more” or “no thanks, I’ll pass”? - - - - - - - - - - * Over the years, The Face has made somewhat of a name for himself; and, now, his picture can be found in modern magazines. ** What is it with me? Seeeee, here we go again. Sure, I think I’m “cute” but I thought he was “gorgeous” ... and he was.

22 Comments:

Blogger Howard said...

No, thanks, I'll pass.

Give me a guy with a nice tummy and firm legs in a pair of boxers anyday. Boxers are SEXY!

09:41

 
Blogger Pegs said...

Did he have a really, really tight butt? If so, I guess I could allow the thong. If there's even a hint of body fat, though, you must throw out all thongs. Frankly, I have thongs. The boy loves when I wear them, but I only wear them with pants & skirts that would show visible panty lines (VPL). They're not so comfy after a few hours.

09:50

 
Blogger MamaChristy said...

Pass. Eww.

10:21

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My ex (the "charming" one who I later found out was having a sexual relationship with a man) shaves his pubic hair. Initially I thought it was cool. He said it was a style and comfort thing. When I discovered his "secret" and that he had been shaving his pubes for years I realized it had more to do with his behavior with them (men) and not with me.

10:31

 
Blogger Nerd Girl said...

No thongs. No way. Never. On men. Or women.

Men in boxer briefs = sexy.

Me in lacy boy shorts = sexy.

There's a pattern here!

12:31

 
Blogger Darwin said...

I'll def pass. Not my thing at all, considering a highly intoxicated guy wore one at a houseparty we were at!

12:37

 
Blogger Firefly said...

Guy + Thong = Wrong.

And that's non-negotiable.

12:42

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not into boys in thongs. I would rather just see them naked!
I like naked..

As for underwear, I love boxers or tidies. There is something adorable about men in their underwear.

14:46

 
Blogger kypris said...

I will pass on guys wearing thongs. No matter how fit/sexy/etc he is, I think I'll always find boxers better on him.

I don't wear them either, unless my panty line is going to be visible. I don't find them very sexy and I definitely don't find them very comfortable after a while.

17:28

 
Blogger Just Me said...

man thongs, ewwww!

18:45

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember one of the swimpunks coming into the weight room at UT wanting to do squats in his Speedos. We tried to evil thought him to death.

It didn't work.

20:19

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha I used to competatively swim, so I was around guys in Speedos for YEARS. That's fairly normal. I still draw the line at thongs, though!

22:37

 
Blogger E said...

I guess I'm in the minority here - I think thongs on a guy are ok, if you're having a "fun night" -- trying to spice things up a little. As for every day - nah... I like boxers.

I have a "somewhat" related story on this... and may post it on my blog with a link here...

last but not least - I think that you have to find the right kind of undergarment that fits your body type. I have found thongs that I LOVE wearing, lace panties that I love wearing but sometimes you get a lemmon - those that are not built right for what ever reason and then it's just a waste of money.

00:35

 
Blogger Nessa said...

I knew a couple of male dancers years ago. At first, it was exciting and different. They did shave, wax and wear thongs. They were gorgeous. They were also very self-centered. They were consumed with how they looked (and how the people they associated with looked.) I reached a high level of boredom quite quickly. I pass.

05:53

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Howard: Nice abs, firm legs, and boxers? Sign me up, too!!!

Pegs: Yeah, I’m a fan of thongs on myself as well. I accidentally left a pair of underwear over Mags’ place a while ago (don’t ask) and she was like, “um, Stolie, you left a pair of underwear here and, well, there’s like *NO* material here. Where’s the underwear?!?”


MamaChristy: I pass, too.

Anonymous: Are you the same “anon” that posted about a similar situation a couple of posts ago? If so, I hope you’ve talked to someone about the whole thing. From your comments, it sounds like you had a difficult time with the ex. That’s a lot to go through on your own.

Nerd Girl: Not even on women?!?!?! I *LOVE* thongs. But, I love lacy boy shorts, too. Did you see my post about the Jolly Green Underwear? Those were boy shorts.

Darwin: I read that post! That was funny. :-)

Firefly: I agree; I’m not a fan.

Stef: Woot! Woot! Three cheers for the “Chick Who Rock Thongs Club” here at the Funky Brown Chick dot Blogspot dot Com.

Laurie: Naked men = yummy. But, yeah, I agree with you about the “guys in underwear” thing. I love a naked man, but I love a man in jet-black Calvin Klein boxer-briefs as well.

kypris: I think thongs are sexy, but only on women. Not on men.

Mel Chickk: I second that “ewwww”.

Raymond: Speedos at the gym?!?!? No way!!!

K: Did you see the pictures of David Beckham in a Speedo posted over at Pink is the New Blog? He looks GREAT!!

E: Hey, thanks for coming out to represent for the people who like guys in thongs! We needed to hear from at least one person from the other camp.

goldennib: I’ve certainly dated more than enough men who were consumed with how they look. But, I’m growing and changing.

09:52

 
Blogger AmyB said...

Ummmm, NO, banana hammocks are NOT ok. End of story. ;o)

16:41

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Banana hammocks?!?!? PRICELESS. :)

18:22

 
Blogger hotdrwife said...

NO NO NO.

No Pickle Sling King.

19:55

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

I *LOVE* you guys!!! Not only do I have the best readers in the world, they're also the funniest!!! First, Banana Hammock now Pickle Sling King??? I love it!! :)

00:00

 
Blogger AmyB said...

Hahahaa! Hey, we do what we can. And we can certainly tell you that a man wearing anything closely resembling a banana hammock, pickle sling king, or Victoria's Secret thong is not, I repeat NOT, O.K.!

12:02

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Exactly!!! I started wearing thongs ages ago, and I haven't stopped. Like you, I figure, "it's gonna creep its way up in my ass anyway, so why not let it just start there?" :)

18:03

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

put them all in thongs and g-strings Ilove it!
the smaller the better

18:33

 

Post a Comment

<< Home