
As I stood there in the shower this morning, preparing to get ready for work, I couldn’t shake a reoccurring thought out of my mind —
when I christen my weekend today at exactly 5:01pm, what should I pick for my first beverage?!?! For some odd reason, I’ve been craving the booze-free sweet stuff lately. Chocolate malts. Icy Cokes topped off with grenadine. Smoothies made with real crushed strawberries. Wow, just thinking about this stuff made me drool down the front of my shirt a little bit just now. Hmmm ... Tell me, when you raise your glass and give a toast to your weekend later today, what’s going to be in your cup? What’s
your favorite beverage?
16 Comments:
I'm afraid to leave a comment on Blogger coz they keep popping up twice. I certainly am glad that I'm no longer on Blogger.
(Don't hit me!)
I'm boring: Pepsi is what I have on Friday nights when I start my second job. A big honkin' 20 ouncer, too.
12:02
Coffee!
12:38
For me, when I christen my weekend @ 4:30pm, I'll be heading to the harbour for a boat cruise.
On said boat cruise, I will be drinking copious amounts of beer, or, alternatively, whisky and coke...
Damn, I need a drink!
13:32
Interesting,
I'm heading down to the harbor for a boat cruise as well.
My drink of choice (hopefully they have it on board)..Gin and Tonic - It's a cool, refreshing drink.
16:39
As I'm working, um, all the time since "mommy" is my current profession, Fresca or water are my usual beverages of choice. BUT I bought a bottle of Freixenet sparkling wine at the store this afternoon...
16:41
Water. Definitely. I'm very exciting like that :P
I went out last night, and tried to order a chocolate milkshake - but their machine was broken! I was upset. I ended up having a pina colada flavoured italian cream soda. it was good, but not as good as that shake would have been!
If I'm in an alcoholy mood, though, then I usually have one of three froofy girly drinks: blue hawaiians, bellinis, or pina coladas. Mmm Malibu!
*************
I'm about to make a Shameless Self Promostion - Stolie, just tell me if you'd rather I didn't!
I'm co-hosting an online talk show podcast on Tuesdays, 5-6pm Vancouver time, at www.talk-show.tv - please watch me if you feel so inclined! And if you have the urge, call us at the studio via skype. I'd love to talk to you on air :)
Now, carry on with the drink talk!
00:36
BEER! With some guys named Matt and Pete! And 12 solid hours of random partay!
Yep. That's what I want.
:D
05:29
Since I'm off work today I had some pear cider and some Magners last night. And it was good. But right now a strawberry milkshake would be heaven!
08:15
(Coming to you live from the beyond). Good to hear that you are finally employed. I took my own sabatical(sp?) for a few months. Since it has been in the 100's for the past 2 months, I shall be enjoying anything that is cold and won't bite back!
CHEERS!
-EEEEEEeee
11:36
Howard: Yeah, Blogger has been horrible lately!!
Mel Chickk: I'm such a wuss. I can't drink plain coffee, I have to have it with a lot of soy milk, sugar, caramel, cocoa, etc.
Mitch: Harbour for a boat cruise? Now, THAT sounds like fun.
The Genius: Oooh, are you guys going on the cruise together?
MamaChristy: Sparkling wine is YUMMY and refreshing.
Nat: Yeah, I'm a beer fan too. I prefer Sam Adams, Duvel, Bass, Hefe Weiss, Blue Moon, etc. Sid make me drink a $2 PBR at Crif Dogs the other day, and it tasted like an old man's piss. Actually, I've never tried an old man's piss, but I imagine it tastes a lot like PBR.
K: I ordered a chocolate shake yesterday (at Crif Dogs). It was YUMMY!!! :) And, I agree with you about water. It's the fountain of youth: Drink more. Stay hydrated. Look younger. That's my motto ... Now, about this self promotion stuff ... once is not a prob; I'll totally let that slide for now because I've never stated a public opinion on it so you didn't know. But, generally, my opinion about self-promotion and blogs is "keep it to yourself" (i.e. do it on your own blog.) Accordingly, self promotion on the FBC is reserved for the moi, me.
Sid: You are hilarious!!! Because, that's EXACTLY what we did.
Nics: Pear cider??? That's sounds DELICIOUS!
ErikWithaK: WLECOME BACK!!! :) Yeah, I wish I could have a sabatical. Even though I wasn't "gainfully" employed for the past several months, I was still employed. Why, oh why can't I figure out how to grow a Money Tree???
15:01
But, generally, my opinion about self-promotion and blogs is "keep it to yourself" (i.e. do it on your own blog.)
Totally understand. Sorry about that!! Won't happen again, I promise.
Cold water on a hot day after chasing children and wearing a clown outfit is HEAVEN.
If we're talking non-alcoholic drinks with flavour, then lemonade or cranerry juice.
03:33
No prob ... And, ooh, lemonade and cranberry juice are both YUMMY!!!! :)
04:41
Well right now, I'm so poor, that it's gonna have to be Boone's Farm *LOL*
18:30
momok: Nope. I wish thinking of the shake in the shower, and I typed the post while at my desk. :)
Miss 1999: Oh, I am so NOT above getting down with the Boone's Farm every now and then. It reminds me college when I drank cheap beer from plastic cups and poured Strawberry Hill.
19:11
Hey Ms. Funkdafied... I like to start my weekend off with something heavily caffeinated. Because if it's going to be a good weekend, there is not going to be a lot of sleep. And I also like this drink to be sweet. Because I'm not, and need all the help I can get.
Drink on sistah! - SITC
14:05
Caffeinated and sweet? Sounds like a yummy soy mocha to me!!! :)
16:21
Post a Comment
<< Home