get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

1 More Day Till The Call

So, I had every intention of calling the Irish boy last night, but I didn't because I didn't get home until pretty late: long day at work, meeting after work, power nap (still recovering from the weekend, I guess), hardcore workout at the gym, trip to the grocery store on the way home and then dinner. I'll do "the call" tonight. By the way, today I feel much better than I did yesterday. Saturday night really did a number on me: 2 margaritas 1 pop - (coke with grenadine) 1 imported beer 6 lemon drop shots (two triples) 2 glasses of wine 2 mike's hard lemonades 1 glass of champagne I must be getting older; I don't bounce back from long nights out as easily as I used to.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've NEVER been able to drink like that! that combo + amount would surely make me sick. i'm all about a couple of glasses of red and i'm done. smiling, light-headed and giddy as all heck.

as for the call ... hmm, i'm surprised you're even thinking of calling Pervy McPerv, since you sounded so disinterested, even repulsed at times ... hmmm ... methinks she's starting her (man)diet on monday. ;)

_

10:17

 
Blogger Fresh said...

I would have been hugging the toilet by midnight and I tend to hold mine relatively well. Rock gut! ;-)

11:27

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. You're crossing over. When "I'm never going to drink that much again" becomes "I can't drink as much as I used to" it's the primary indicator.

13:14

 
Blogger Jay said...

I dunno if this will make any difference to your decision, but Irish lads are very well hung.

Very.

Well.

Hung.

15:03

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.

and

PSHT.




_

16:22

 
Blogger Neo said...

Stolie - Here's a tip that I use before getting hammered. Try to drink a few glasses of water. I know it sounds simple enough, but it keeps you hydrated.

Man, I'd hate to have to pick up that bar tab.

;)

Peace

21:01

 
Blogger Sid said...

Wow. I can handle that over about 12 hours, and i certainly hang like that when my friends are in town, because we start early and end, er, well, late. But in less than a half day? I think that might kill me, lol. Wow.

Also, I'm not sure I buy that bit about the Irish being hung. There was this one guy--

no wait, he was german. My bad. Welp, let us know how that works out for ya!

00:23

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

miss anon: Pervy McPerv" .. love it and I'm gonna use it! ... And, I'm only calling him, because I know what it feels like to be completely blown off; I'd rather take the high road and actually let him know that I'm not interested.

berry: I used to be a lightweight, but a couple of years living in England cured me ...

raymond: Yeah, I was completely useless the following day.

jay: Oh my!!!!! Mental note ... Must. Book. Flight. To. Ireland. Now! :)

miss anon: I dated an Irish guy once .. we wasn't especially well hung, but I still have such delicious memories ...

neo: I've heard that like 90% of hangovers are actually dehydration so there could be something to that. And, about the tab, I only paid for about 1/2 of my drinks.

sid: We started drinking at brunch so the drinking was spread out over about 15 hours. I'm still surprised that I didn't throw up.

07:26

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pervy/paddy mcperv: it's all yours, take it away, stolie!

HUNG: will you research that (not-so-)little "fact" for me, girl? i'd like to know the result of your findings. ... in the name of science, of course.

what was your revelation re: short men when dating the i.r.a. lad way back when?

i like how you answer us back, systematically. i'd do that. :)

_

11:08

 

Post a Comment

<< Home