get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Saturday, November 26, 2005

I’m baaaaaack!

To celebrate my return from Thanksgiving break and to give first-time visitors a common bond with the repeat visitors that I love so dearly, I thought that I would reveal three things about myself. This way, whether this is your first time here or your fiftieth time here, you all can be bonded by these new discoveries. (Don’t worry, nothing earth shattering here ... besides, people who know me well probably already know these things). Anyway, here we go: 1. I won’t eat cauliflower because it reminds me of the human brain. 2. My paternal grandmother is Native American. 3. Years ago, I learned how to quilt so that I could make a baby quilt for my sister’s firstborn child, my oldest nephew. It’s the only quilt that I’ve ever made. And, now, to get the newbies up to speed with everyone else … here are three things that you should know if you’re going to read my blog: 1. I don’t care if you’re dying, you’re not getting my fucking kidney! 2. I love boys. 3. I get really excited when people delurk themselves; therefore, if you stick around for a while, please indulge me at some point.

8 Comments:

Blogger Darwin said...

Whats wrong with eating human brains?!...yummmy...think 'hannibal'
:D...j/k

good to have you back and posting again, gives me something interesting to read and procastinate doing actual work on!

Darwin

11:38

 
Blogger John Enright said...

Glad to have you baaaaack. I seem to meet a lot of people who are part Native American. I believe it's more common that most realize.

11:52

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

MamaChristy: Saw your comment on the kidney post. No, I've never read the book, but I might since you recommended it. (You haven't steered my wrong yet.)

Darwin: Yeah, the first time that I saw cauliflower, my sister said, "Ewwww! It looks like a brain." That's all it took. To this day, I've never eaten the stuff. :) ... And, I'm glad that I can be of assistance in your procastination. :)

johnjenright: It's good to be baaaack. :) ... And, about the Native Americans, that's very very true.

14:38

 
Blogger Andrew said...

Stols, you are my daily cup of coffee, but you already knew that. :-) Glad I got my dose.

Three facts you didn't know about me (and probably didn't care):

1. I have a "thing" about girls who wear glasses.

2. Despite my blog, I've been told that in real life, I'm one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet.

3. I love comments on my blog. It's almost orgasmic for me. The time I hit 12, I couldn't walk for days.

18:48

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Glad to know that my status has been upgraded to "daily cup of coffee" ... :)

19:37

 
Blogger Jenn said...

Welcome back. You know, I make a killer creamy cauliflower soup (you don't get to see the actual cauliflower since it has all been dissolved in the cream).

You may actually change your mind about cauliflower.

03:44

 
Blogger Papigiulio said...

Ah interesting facts, I guess i be the newbie eh :P

05:16

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Jenn: "You know, I make a killer creamy cauliflower soup (you don't get to see the actual cauliflower since it has all been dissolved in the cream)." I've never tried cauliflower so I wouldn't know what it tastes like; therefore, theoretically, if I ate it without knowing what it was, I might like it. *BUT* if you were to reveal the secret ingredient, I'd probably get a little freaked out. Hmmm ... I'm not sure about this one.

Papigiulio: Ja, dat klopt! :)

06:12

 

Post a Comment

<< Home