get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Who Wrote About the 3rd Date Rule???

Did someone recently publish a book or give an interview on the “Third Date Rule” or something? I wrote a post about this topic ages ago. Now, for whatever reason, that post is one of the most visited pages on my blog. My statcounters show me that people from as far away as Halifax, Nova Scotia in Canada and as near as Clifton, New Jersey in the US and/of A are Googling variations of the term and, of all places, they’re pointed here. Why the renewed interest in this topic all of a sudden? Usually, when a bunch of people start Googling the same thing at the same time, it is because the topic is in the news, a book has been published, an article appeared in Cosmo, or (in most cases) Oprah said something about it. Did anyone see the last few Oprah shows? At any rate, to those of you out there Googling: sorry that I could not be of any help. I neither understand, follow, practice nor know anything about the rules to the dating game. I’m no better or worse than everyone else is at figuring it all out.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

The rule is that there is no rule. When you find the right person, whatever you do will be right.

I found Mister Right at 38 and everything about the whole situation was wrong. But for us it was right.

I have always moved a head in the relationship department with whatever felt right for me at the time. Sometimes I had fun for a while, other times not.

But from my advantage of age and experience, I would say it's not quantity but qualitiy. If you are looking for a longterm relationship, wait until you've met some other people in his life. They can tell you alot about your prospect. Except of course, if he's really out, I say go for it.

My only absolute rule: Never date a man who says bad things about his mother or sisters. Very bad sign. He'll be a woman hater everytime.

08:19

 
Blogger Tonito Bandito said...

There are rules? Who knew? Certainly not me.

15:12

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

goldennib: GREAT advice.

Tonito Bandito: Me either! :)

17:59

 
Blogger John Enright said...

Soon you'll show up in WikiPedia as a noted author on the topic of the 3rd Date Rule.

01:21

 
Blogger Mean Red said...

I wish that you would only like someone who likes you back. It would make life a lot easier. But as for dating, we don't place as much importance on dates over here, or maybe that's just me!

06:30

 
Blogger MamaChristy said...

I don't think Oprah has discussed this recently...

07:27

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

JohnJEnright: That would be pretty funny!!! I'm such a ham that I might actually write to them and suggest that they consider listing me! ;)

Nics: You said -- "I wish that you would only like someone who likes you back. It would make life a lot easier. I'm right there with you on this one!!!

MamaChristy: Hmmm ... I wonder what it is then ???

09:46

 

Post a Comment

<< Home