get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Blogging While Drunk

No, I’m not drunk at the moment, but I thought the title was perfect for a post about attending my first NYC Blogger Meetup. Until Polly invited me to this event, I’d been a little skeptical about attending meetups for bloggers. Why? Well, I thought it was a bit too much like the whole Trekkie convention thing. (That shit freaks me out.) I wondered, “What are they going to do? Will everyone sit around and talk about blogging, HTML coding, and The Joys of Haloscan?” No fucking thanks. At any rate, because my first face-to-face Blogger meetings with Nics and Sid went so well—and because Polly seems like such a cool person—I figured I'd give it a try. And, I’m glad that I did. Sid, her best friend, and I went to the event together. In addition to the fabulous Polly, I met: an actor, Meg, the desperate guy, a homosexual suspect, a guy who likes it raaaaaw, Dolly and a few other people. I think a great time was had by all ... Other weekend news, last night, a group of friends and I discovered the best bar in the world. Okay, maybe not the world, but it’s definitely the best bar on the Lower East Side. Sometime later this week, I should blog about NYC’s hidden jewels. With each weekend that passes, I slowly amass a list of favorite places to go out. So, how was / is your weekend?

10 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

My husband and I took my parents to dinner at Applebees (their favorite restaurant) for my mother's 72nd birthday and we gave her a highchair as a gift. They babysit my nephew and he's getting too big to hold when they feed him.

Today, I'm a ordered to unpack more things to clear out my husband's new garage. He's not home right now, so I'm cheating - plus I don't take orders well.

Exciting times in the Burbs of NJ.

12:18

 
Blogger Pegs said...

Quiet night Friday, then had to go to training for work Saturday. Saturday night, however, I went to a charity Flip Cup tournament. I had never even seen Flip Cup, so I opted not to join a team, but it was fun cheering on friends' teams. Considering this was all in the name of raising money for sick kids, I couldn't believe how intense some people got about the competition.
Sunday afternoon I'm going to a romantic comedy at Steppenwolf Theater called Love Song.

14:51

 
Blogger Cigamybab said...

Wazz up

_______________0000000000000000________________
_____________000________________0000____________
_________000_________________________00_________
_______00_______________________________0_______
_____00________000000_______000000________0_____
___00_____0000000000000___000000000000_____00___
__0_____0000________________________0000_____0__
_0___________________________000000___________0_
0__________________________00______00__________0
0___________000000________00__0000__00_________0
0________000000000000_____00_000000_00_________0
0_________________________00_000000_00_________0
0_________________________00__0000__00_________0
0__________________________00______00__________0
0____________________________000000____________0
_0_________________________________00_____00__0_
__0___________000_________________0__0___0__0___
___0____________0000______________0__0__0__0____
_____0____________0000000_________0__0_0__0_____
_______00_________________________0___0___00000_
_________000_____________________0000000___0__0_
_____________000________________0_______0__0__0_
________________00000000000000__________________

........../|/|/|/|/|
..........(^O.O^)
..........(...(_)...)
............\..--../_
........./¯¯Y¯¯\.\
.........|....|.......\..\
.........|._.\_.....|\_.\
..........\__\......|...\..\
......(¯¯¯\...\_|/¯¯\__\_______oooooo
........)===ºººº====0000=======)
......(____/¯¯¯\__/
........./..../.........\...\
..__./._/.............\._.\__
(____ /.............(_____)

23:13

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

goldennib: Wow!! Your mom is 72? That's GREAT that she's live, doing well, and willing to babysit your nephew on a regular basis. :)

stacy: THAT must have been an interesting one to attend.

pegs: I miss Steppenwolf! :)

cigamybab: very creative.

00:31

 
Blogger Sid said...

There was a hole at the brunch table at Schiller's on Sunday...

BTW, the food there, at least for brunch, is GREAT.

Other than that...

eating
walking
and RAWKING! at the Eagles of Death Metal Concert, m'dear.

00:57

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

I'm soooo sorry that I missed the brunch. (Did you get my text message?) I'm a big baby when it comes to cold weather. :(

GLAD to hear that the food was/is delicious. We *have to* go back there sometime.

And, let's definitely get in touch soon. I can't wait to hear about the concert. That had to be something special ... :)

01:10

 
Blogger Tonito Bandito said...

You have to take me there when i visit. Please, please!

Mwah!

10:07

 
Blogger Tonito Bandito said...

You have to come read/see my weekend. It was a blast.

10:10

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Tonito Bandito: I *will* take you there!! :-) And, by the way, I just checked out your site. That Photo thing is the coolest!!!! So, in the photos, which one are you? Black, Yellow or White shirt? :)

18:23

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

We're on!! Hear that New Yorkers? Time to lock up your men ... and your women too ... you know, just to be safe. ;)

08:11

 

Post a Comment

<< Home