get down with the funky brown! funkybrownchick.blogspot.com ...

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Jesus, I'm a Lightweight.

No, really, I mean it: Jesus is the reason why I'm a lightweight now. I can't drink as much as I used to. Remember New Year's Eve? Or the days last summer when my drink list for the evening included: 2 margaritas, 1 pop, 1 imported beer, 6 lemon drop shots (two triples), 2 glasses of wine, 2 Mike's hard lemonades, and 1 glass of champagne? Well, those days are gone. They're over. And, it's all because of Jesus. See, I gave up alcohol for Lent. Spending almost 40 days and 40 nights completely sober totally killed my tolerance. I went out with Sid a couple of Mondays ago, and I was wasted after only 3 or 4 Sangrias, a couple of beers, and a chocolate Martini. Same with this weekend, I've been going out with friends and I just can't drink as much as I used to. I get drunker quicker, and I feel like hell the next day. Hmmm ... I've gotta figure out a way to boost my tolerance again. Cinco de Mayo is coming up soon. Lana and Mags are coming in town from Philly and Boston, respectively. (Le Canadien was going to come as well; however, when I told him that he couldn't sleep at my house during his stay, he changed his mind because, you know, 'If we're not going to have sex, why the hell would I fly all the way out there?')

5 Comments:

Blogger Nessa said...

In my twenties, when I was a professional bar hopper, I could drink several pitchers of beer, 7 or 8 gin and tonics with matching Kamakazi shots a night and get up bright and early for work, no probs.

Now, I'm lucky if I can manager two glasses of wine without getting goofy.

08:38

 
Blogger Darwin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

13:21

 
Blogger Darwin said...

Oops saw a few typos there!

Since my finals are coming up including my final year project dissertation, I hate to say it but alcohol is the only thing keeping me sane; my tolerance is at an all-time high!

Keep at it and I'm sure you'll be back to your old self soon:)

PS: Le Canadien sounds like a right tosser!

13:21

13:22

 
Blogger MamaChristy said...

Then Jesus did you a favor, baby! It ain't such a bad thing to be a light-weight. You spend less money on drinks (though I know that men are falling all over themselves to buy them for you!) and still get that nice lil' buzz. And there are fewer calories to work off at the gym later...

Oh, and good for you not letting Le Canadien, um, have the run of the land, so to speak.

16:52

 
Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

goldennib: Several pitchers of beer?!?! WOW!

Darwin: Right tosser. I love British expressions!! :)

MamaChristy: Yeah, it's AMAZING how much money I saved during Lent. Alcohol usually doubles the cost of a night out. Indian entree = $9.95. Glass of wine = $9.

08:33

 

Post a Comment

<< Home